Weekend Flotsam and Jetsam
October 19, 2009
Snippets of my weekend. Selected for your pleasure.
- Cecilia’s friend Matty was here for the entire rainy weekend. Do you know what is worse than walking one dog in the rain? Walking two dogs in the rain. Especially when one of those dogs (and I won’t name names, Matty) is a very discriminating pee-er. We spent a lot of time in the rain. I should have taken a picture of them both in their rain jackets, but (as you can imagine) it was raining. Aside from the extra pee-time, Matty was a joy to have in the house. He was playful, a good snuggler and enthusiastic in that younger dog way. The best part of the weekend was when I was snuggled on the couch with the dogs on either side of me. Bliss.
- I went to a party Saturday night and a guy asked me on a date. Y’all, he is 18 years older than me. Slicked back hair, fake tan. And he was wearing a pooka bead necklace. I’ll let you draw your own conclusions there. I’m not sure whether to be flattered that I still got it, or to be flabbergasted by this guy’s ego. Perhaps both. Thoughts?
- I spent some more time here and was fairly productive in a Christmas kind of way. *Zipping my lip now (darn you KK!).*
- My Ravens showed a flash of brilliance in the last 6 minutes of the game, only to lose by a field goal. We are now 3 and 3. Not quite as much fun as when we were 3 and 0.
- My birthday season is underway. If the weather cooperates I will be hosting my birthday hike this Saturday. I need to get cracking on ordering my cake and finding party favors! Hmm, perhaps we all need pooka bead necklaces… Not.