Weekend Flotsam and Jetsam
1. Mr. EM had to reschedule unexpectedly. I hope he’ll be coming again in April, so stay tuned for our adventures then. It was really weird to have an entire unscheduled weekend. After all, I’m kind of a calendar-obsessive kind of girl. It’s part of my heritage. I embrace it.
2. Remember this tree from the Snowpocalypse?
After many contractors stood Neighbor K up, she finally convinced a friend to help her. That tree got cleaned up this weekend Baltimore-style.
The neighbor hidden behind the ladder loaned us his ladder after we realized the one pictured here was not going to cut it. (Get it? I made a pun!).
Neighbor B’s Little Giant ladder still wasn’t tall enough, so we improvised. Remember how we use brooms to take care of snow? Well they also work for tree trimming. That’s a handsaw taped to a broom handle.
As our tree angel said, “I feel like I’m trying out for a Bud Light commercial.”
Neighbor K acted as safety monitor:
Neighbor G observed the action from a safe distance:
My car is now safe from tree branches, Verizon has been called about the drooping cable, and a contractor has put in a bid to take care of that dry-rotted fence. All is almost-right in that little corner of my yard.
3. Don’t fall over, but I actually washed windows this weekend. It was that darn ladder that pushed me to it. Well, that ladder and this image of my windows:
Can you see the grime? How embarrassing! We’ve already discussed my lack of cleaning skills in the past, so I feel comfortable telling you that I cannot remember ever washing these windows. And I’ve lived here for 8 years.
Wait. I think my Dad washed the windows once for me. Thanks Pop! You’re the best!
Anyway, we had that big tall ladder out and for some reason I got motivated to wash all the windows. Including Neighbor K’s upstairs windows. Because a) she’s afraid of heights and b) she agreed to hold the ladder for me the whole time.
If my photography skills were any better, this after picture would really show a difference:
Actually, that picture shows streaks on the left side of the window. So I washed it again.
I know! Who AM I?
4. Cecilia and I took advantage of our free Sunday to visit with DMW’s daughter. She is almost fully recovered from surgery and is doing great!
Cecilia fully enjoyed exploring DMWs house. Her little paws went click-click-click our whole visit. Except when she was in a lap of course.
5. Apparently my computer is working again after a weird weekend glitchy kind of thing. I’m praising God for that!
This concludes our weekend flotsam and jetsam. Stay tuned for our regularly scheduled content.
Except I don’t have any regularly scheduled content.
I’ll just keep you guessing.